Product Information: Sticky Name Tags That Are So Easy To Use, You’ll Be Over The Moon!
Today marks the 49th anniversary of the 1969 moon landing. Here at the Stikins name tags office, we’re celebrating with some of our favourite facts about the expedition.
- The computers used for the Apollo 11 mission had about the same computing power as a modern pocket calculator.
- Neil Armstrong’s grandmother told him not to step on the moon if “it didn’t look good”; he promised her he wouldn’t.
- The entire mission took 8 days, 3 hours, 18 minutes, and 35 seconds. It took 76 hours to travel from the Earth to the moon. Armstrong and Aldrin were on the moon’s surface for 21 hours and 36 minutes in the Eagle lunar module. The moonwalk itself only lasted around 2 and a half hours.
- The rocket used to propel the Columbia command module and Eagle lunar module to the moon is still the tallest and heaviest rocket ever built. Called the Saturn V, it measures a whopping 363 feet / 110.6 metres tall. Saturn V was assembled in the Vehicle Assembly Building in the Kennedy Space Centre, which is the largest single-storey building in the world and is so tall that it has its own weather, including rain clouds that form just below the ceiling on very humid days.
- Armstrong took over landing the Eagle lunar module when they noticed that the computer’s landing target was full of boulders. He landed the module in a safer place – but with only 23 seconds of fuel left.
- Aldrin and Armstrong got permission from Mission Control to skip a scheduled five-hour sleep period so they could get on with the moonwalk – as they figured they were too excited to sleep!
- Armstrong’s famous quote “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind” is actually “That’s one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind”. The missing “a” couldn’t be heard clearly during the transmission – possibly due to static or an intermittent signal.
- A vital switch needed to ignite the engine of the Eagle lunar module was damaged shortly before Armstrong and Aldrin’s return to the Columbia command module. They managed to fix the problem by sticking a pen into the hole to activate the switch.
- There was a great deal of debate about whether or not the Apollo 11 team should plant an American flag. While they eventually decided to leave behind a flag, the exhaust given off by their engines during take-off was so powerful that the flag they had planted was knocked down.
- During their return to Earth, a bearing at the Guam tracking station failed. This could have prevented them communicating with Earth during the last stretch of their descent. Fortunately, Charles Force (the station director) managed to come up with a quick solution thanks to his 10-year-old son Greg – whose hands were small enough to reach inside the housing to pack it with grease.
Sticky Name Tags That Will Last To Infinity And Beyond!
Okay, so they might not last to INFINITY but Stikins name tags do make it really quick and easy to get all your children’s belongings safely and securely labelled in minutes. Made with a unique adhesive, our name tags simply stick on and stay on. You can use them as school uniform labels, school labels, clothing labels, shoe labels, and general purpose name tags for all your kids’ stuff.
They work just like normal sticky labels. Peel each name tag off the backing sheet and stick them onto your items. Firmly press down to make sure they fully bond with the item and you’re done.
Stikins should be applied onto the wash-care label of clothing and fabric items; in shoes, they should be applied onto the side wall or beneath the tongue (never beneath the heel); and for everything else, you simply stick them on and go!
Independently tested using the BS EN ISO6330 wash test procedure for 40 washes at 40 degrees, our name tags have also been thoroughly tested by thousands of families across the UK. They’re perfectly safe to use on items that will go through the washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, microwave, or garden-variety kitchen sink.
We designed our sticky name tags to make the whole process of name labelling a whole lot easier. So busy families can save time (and money) for the more important things in life – like exploring brand new worlds!
Order Sticky Name Tags From Stikins Today
We’ve tried to make it as easy to order our name tags as it is to use them. You can order online at any time by visiting www.stikins.co.uk. Simply let us know what pack sizes and personalisation you need and pay by credit/debit card or Paypal. Alternatively, you can call our Customer Service Team to order by phone. Simply have your details to hand and a credit/debit card for payment. Our office hours are 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
You can even send us an order by post. Simply fill in the order form on the back of our Parent Leaflets and post it to us along with a cheque for payment.
If you need any help or advice about ordering and using Stikins – just get in touch!