Product Information: As A Halloween Treat; Here's Our Top Tricks For Spookily Good Name Labels
Halloween is on its way! To celebrate, we’ve decided to treat you all with our top tricks for getting the most out of your name labels.
Top Tricks & Tips From Stikins ® Name Labels
While Stikins ® labels were designed to be as simple as possible, we’ve still got a few tips to make them even more useful!
Ordering Stikins ® name labels
- We offer a 10% discount when you order three or more packs. If you don’t need three packs yourself, you can club together with friends or family. Alternatively, you could buy some extras for last minute labelling emergencies!
- You can use creative personalisation to create packs for sharing. Check out our Personalising Your Name Labels FAQ for suggestions.
- Most of our name labels are used in closed school environments, where a name is enough to reunite lost items with their owner. For items going further afield, try adding a phone number so they can always be returned.
- Adding medical or allergy information means your labels can keep your food and medical supplies safe while acting as an additional medical alert in the event of an emergency.
If you need to include a lot of information, we can offer three lines of text. This option is not available online so you’ll need to order by phone or contact us by email.
- Our online print preview is a great way to try out a few different options before you buy.
- If you’re struggling to decide between one or two lines of text, it may help to know that you will get a larger font size on two lines UNLESS the total number of characters you request (including spaces!) is twelve or fewer.
- You can leave one or both lines blank; simply use the space bar on your keyboard to enter TWO spaces. You can then write in whatever information you need using a suitable laundry pen.
Using Stikins ® name labels
- Wash brand new items of clothing or fabric items before applying your name labels. This removes any traces of dust, excess dye, or preservatives leftover from manufacture, storage, and distribution. These traces can interfere with the adhesive, preventing your name labels from working as effectively as they should.
- You don’t have to use all your name labels at once. Stikins ® labels can be safely stored away for future use. To ensure your name labels retain their original quality, keep them in their original packaging in a place that is dry, away from direct sunlight, and preferably at a steady room temperature.
- If you want to pass on labelled items (within your family or by donating to charity), you can remove labels with some effort (and possibly some sticky stuff remover!). We recommend picking at a corner and using old fashioned elbow grease to pull off the label. This may leave behind adhesive residue, which is where an adhesive solvent – or "sticky stuff remover" – will come in handy. Remember to double check that your solvent is suitable for use on the items you are delabelling because strong solvents can damage some materials and surfaces.
- Take care when washing labelled items. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to ensure you use the correct amount of cleaning product(s) and avoid soaking items in extremely strong, highly concentrated products (such as bleaching products). You should also avoid ironing directly over your name labels as they will melt!
Finally, for our top, top trick. Always, always, ALWAYS follow the instructions for use. They really will help to make sure that your name labels do just stick on and stay on!
Order Some Spookily Good Name Labels This Halloween
Whether you’re labelling school uniform and kit, personal belongings, or you want to keep your Halloween stash safe from wandering hands, Stikins ® name labels are frighteningly easy to order.
Go online at anytime or give us a call during office hours (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri). Stikins ® labels are available to order in packs of 30, 60, 90, or 120 name labels.
We print and post name labels up to 3pm each week day. Same day despatch is available up to 3pm. We despatch orders placed after 3pm or over the weekend on the next working day. Delivery is free and uses Royal Mail’s first class service.
We wish you all a wonderfully weird Halloween with plenty more treats than tricks!