News: Our List Of Names Inspired By Feathered Friends
Today is the 385th anniversary of the birth of Sir Christopher Wren, who is best known as the architect who rebuilt 52 churches after the Great Fire of London (including St Paul’s Cathedral), although he was also an anatomist, astronomer, mathematician, and physicist.
To celebrate this anniversary, we thought we’d gather up a flock of names inspired by our feathered friends.
Our Top 5 Name Tags Inspired by Feathered Friends
Among Stikins ® customers, the top five most popular bird-inspired names requested for name tags are:
With an honourable mention to the mythical Phoenix!
You could also try these wonderful names with distinctly avian-based inspirations:
- ADERYN: “bird” in Welsh
- AGHAVNI: “dove” in Armenian
- ALCYONE: from an Ancient Greek name meaning “kingfisher”
- ALONDRA: “lark” in Spanish
- AQUILA: “eagle” in Latin
- ARAS: “eagle” in Lithuanian
- AREND: “eagle” in Dutch
- ARI: old Norse name meaning “eagle”
- ASTOR: from the Occitan astur (“hawk”)
- BERTRAM/RAMBERT: from the Germanic elements beraht (“bright”) and hramn (“raven”)
- BRAN: both a Welsh and an Irish name meaning “raven”
- BRANWEN: “beautiful raven” (from the Welsh elements bran (“raven”) and gwen (“fair, white, blessed”))
- COLUM: from the Latin columba (“dove”)
- CORBIN: from the French corbeau (“raven”)
- DERYN: possibly derived from the Welsh aderyn (“bird”)
- DOVE: the English name for this bird
- FAIGEL: from the Yiddish for “bird”
- FALK: “falcon” in German
- FECHÍN: “little raven” in Irish
- HALCYON: from a genus of kingfishers
- HAYTHAM: “young eagle” in Arabic
- HRAFN: “raven” in Old Norse
- JEMIMA: “dove” in Hebrew
- LÆRKE: “lark” in Danish
- LAGLE: “goose” in Estonian
- LARK: the English name for this songbird
- MAYUR: “peacock” in Sanskrit
- PALOMA: “dove, pigeon” in Spanish
- RABAN: from the Germanic hraban (“raven”)
- SHAHIN: “peregrine falcon” in Persian
Female names tend to be inspired by songbirds, while male names tend to be inspired by birds of prey – however, by far and away the most popular inspiration is the Raven, which inspired over a quarter of the names that we found during our search.
Stikins ® Name Tags Keep Belongings Safe and Secure as Your Little Ones Leave the Nest
With half term either underway, about to start, or even about to finish (depending on where you live), now is the perfect time to take stock and order some extra name tags to make sure that EVERYTHING really is safely and securely labelled. Whether you ran out of tags at the start of term, you’ve found yourself presented with yet another list of vital equipment for the next term (or trip or holiday or camp etc), or you’ve got a few items that somehow escaped the grand tagging session at the end of the school holidays (including all those now-essential winter warmers) you can place a quick top up order and rest assured that your children’s belongings are safe and sound.
How Do Stikins ® Name Tags Work?
Stikins ® name tags are a multipurpose solution to quickly and easily tagging your children’s belongings safely and securely – there’s no sewing and no ironing involved AND we despatch all orders on the same working day (up to 3pm) by Royal Mail’s first class as standard. If you need your tags even faster, you can also give us a call to upgrade to a guaranteed next day delivery.
Our name tags simply peel off their backing sheet and stick onto all kinds of items; they can be applied onto the wash-care label of clothing and fabric items or directly onto personal items (including lunch boxes and water bottles, books and stationery, mobiles and tablets, P.E. kits and equipment, and bags and shoes).
You can order our Stikins ® Name Tag Kit to receive 60 blank labels and a pen (so you can personalise each tag however you like) or you can order one of our personalised packs; we have four pack sizes available (with 30, 60, 90, or 120 labels per pack), which are personalised with your requested text in a bold black font to ensure that your labels are really easy to read. To find out more or to place an order, please contact our team today.