Top Tips For Getting The Best Out Of Your Name Labels
News: Top Tips For Getting The Best Out Of Your Name Labels
While our name labels are designed to be as simple as possible for busy families to use, there are a few top tips that you should follow to make sure that your Stikins ® and Trons ® work as effectively as they possibly can:
1) Follow the Instructions for Use!
This applies to ALL of our name label products. While our Trons ® iron on name transfers will always require a little more care and patience to apply properly compared to our stick in name labels, you should make sure you take the time to read our Instructions for Use AND follow them to make sure that your name labels will simply work.
EVERY pack of labels we send out is individually packed with its own set of Instructions for Use AND you can download a copy of both our Stikins ® Instructions & Trons ® Instructions from our website.
2) Be careful WHERE you apply your name labels
There are slightly different rules for each of our name label products:
Stikins ® name labels (suitable for clothing and personal items): should be applied onto the wash-care label of garments and fabric items, directly onto other personal items, or onto the side wall or beneath the tongue of shoes.
Silver name labels (suitable for personal items): should be applied directly onto personal items or onto the side wall or beneath the tongue of shoes.
Trons ® name transfers (suitable for fabric items only): should be applied directly onto fabric items (not on the wash-care label).
3) Check that your items are in a suitable condition before you apply your name labels
ANY item that you label should be clean and dry to ensure that the adhesive has a suitable surface to bond with. If you are labelling clothing (especially brand new items of school uniform), you should make sure that the items have been washed once before you label them – this removes any traces of excess dye or chemical preservatives that have been used during manufacturing and storage.
4) Store leftover name labels properly
If you have bought a larger pack of name labels that you can dip into as and when you need to, you will need to make sure you store the pack appropriately to allow your labels to maintain their original quality. We recommend storing your name labels in a dry place, out of direct sunlight, and preferably at a steady room temperature. When stored properly, our Stikins ® name labels will retain their original quality for the first two years and our Trons ® name transfers for the first five years.
5) Take care when washing, drying, and ironing labelled items
Our name labels have been thoroughly tested to ensure that they will work effectively during a NORMAL cycle of washing and drying clothing – including undergoing independent testing using the BS EN ISO6330 wash test procedures for 30 washes at 40 degrees. To get the best results from your name labels you should:
- Avoid washing at more than 40 degrees.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to ensure that you are using the correct amount of cleaning product(s) for the amount of clothing you are washing and the hardness of water in your area.
- Avoid ironing directly over your Stikins ® name labels, silver name labels, or Trons ® name transfers; our Stikins ® and silver name labels will melt if they come into contact with an iron, while ironing directly over our Trons ® will cause the print to disintegrate over time.
- Avoid soaking labelled items in extremely strong, highly concentrated cleaning products (such as bleaching products).
To find out more about any of our name label products you can visit our dedicated information pages: Stikins ® & Trons ®. You can find our Instructions for Use on our website, read through our FAQs page for more tips and advice, or you can contact our Customer Service Team if you have any particular questions or queries about our products that are not answered on our website.