FAQ: FAQs About How To Order Stikins ® Name Labels
We designed our stick on name labels with busy families in mind, which means we’ve tried to make our products AND our services as useful and simple as possible – so you have more time (and money) to get on with the important things in life.
We understand that ordering name labels and labelling school uniform and equipment is never going to be the most fun task that parents have to deal with over the summer holidays BUT our name labels are an incredibly simple way to avoid the hassle of a child returning from school missing an all-important item (or one of those essential “extras” that they simply can’t do without). So, to avoid the tears and tantrums (and the subsequent lightening of your purse or wallet) that go hand in hand with lost property, here’s a quickfire FAQ break down to guide you through the process of ordering Stikins ® name labels.
HOW DO I ORDER NAME LABELS FROM LABEL PLANET?
You can order Stikins ® name labels online or by phone:
- Ordering Online:
To order online simply enter the text you want printed on your name labels and select a pack size. Add your pack of name labels to your basket and then choose whether you want to add another pack or to checkout. Fill in your delivery details and make payment by debit/credit card or by Paypal.
*Please double check the confirmation page and/or confirmation email to make sure that all of the details you have provided for your order are correct.
- Ordering by Phone:
Call us on 01270 668076; our Customer Service Team is available Monday to Friday (9am-5pm). Let us know what packs you would like to order (and the text you would like printed on each one), your delivery information, and make payment by debit card or credit card.
WHAT TEXT SHOULD I PUT ON MY NAME LABELS?
It’s up to you to decide what you want printing on your name labels but we do have a few tips to help you decide:
- Most customers request a first name (top line) and a surname (bottom line) OR a full name (top line) and a phone number (bottom line).
- We recommend that you request no more than two pieces of information – you could choose a piece of contact information, a class/form/year name, a medical/allergy alert (e.g. Nut Allergy), or a friendly message (e.g. “Please Return To” // “This Belongs To”).
- Our name labels are one size only and the font size will be reduced to allow your text to fit neatly within those dimensions (30mm wide by 15mm high), so you should try to keep things short and sweet. We recommend adding no more than 15-20 characters per line; while you can enter more characters than this, you will find that the font size is significantly smaller.
- We can only print alphanumerical characters and basic punctuation marks; we cannot print images or emoji.
- We cannot split packs between different names or text; every label within a particular pack is printed with the same text. You can, however, be a bit creative with the text you request so that you can share the labels (e.g. adding a surname only or including all of the names).
- If you want to leave one line blank, please use the space bar on your keyboard to add a single blank space to the text box for that line.
WHAT IS A SCHOOL FUNDRAISING NUMBER?
We run a Fundraising Scheme for schools and PTAs (and other groups), which allows them to raise money by earning commission on sales of name labels. They are assigned a unique fundraising number and any order we receive where that number is quoted will earn commission for the school, which they can then use for any ongoing projects or fundraising targets that they are working towards.
If your school has given you a fundraising number to quote, simply enter the number into the Fundraising Number box at the bottom of the product page (just above the “Add to basket” button) or quote the number when you order by phone. If you forget to add your school’s fundraising number you can get in touch with us by phone or email and we can add the number to your order retroactively.
Please note that the Fundraising Number is NOT a discount code; quoting the number means that your order will help to raise money for your child’s school and does not apply a discount to your order when you checkout.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR MY LABELS TO ARRIVE?
We print name labels every day so any order we receive by 3pm will be printed and despatched same day – orders placed after 3pm, over the weekend, or on a bank holiday will be printed and despatched on the next working day.
All of our UK orders are despatched via Royal Mail’s first class service as standard; around 93% of these items are delivered on the next (working) day, with the rest taking a day or two extra depending on the service level in your area.
I’VE MADE A MISTAKE ON MY ORDER – WHAT SHOULD I DO?
When you complete an order online, you will be directed to a confirmation page showing the details of your order AND you will receive a copy of that page in a confirmation email (along with an email from our payment gateway provider confirming that your payment has gone through successfully). We STRONGLY recommend that you read through the confirmation page or email to make sure that all of the details in your order are correct because, as we state on our product pages, “WE WILL PRINT EXACTLY WHAT YOU ENTER”.
If you find a mistake, simply get in touch with us as soon as possible to let us know – you can give us a call or simply send us an email with the corrections that you need making and we’ll get your order updated on your behalf.
Remember, our Customer Service Team is always on hand if you need any help or advice when it comes to ordering your own set(s) of Stikins ® name labels; simply give us a call or send us an email and we’ll be happy to help!