FAQ – How Easy Is It To Apply Stikins ® Name Labels & Trons ® Name Transfers?
FAQ: FAQ – How Easy Is It To Apply Stikins ® Name Labels & Trons ® Name Transfers?
Very easy! We’ve designed both of our products to be quick and simple for parents to use so that they have more time to get on with the more fun things in life (and don’t have to spend hours sewing in name label after name label).
Our Multipurpose Name Labels
STIKINS ® NAME LABELS – multipurpose name labels that stick in and stay in
Our Stikins ® are definitely the quickest and simplest of our name label products to apply; these easy to use name labels simply peel off their backing sheet and stick onto the wash-care label of clothing and fabric items or directly onto a whole range of personal items, including water bottles and lunch boxes, shoes and bags, stationery kits and phones, and P.E. equipment.
There’s no sewing or ironing required; all you need to do is make sure that the items you are labelling are clean and dry, stick on your name labels, and then leave the items for 24 hours before washing them for the first time (to ensure that the adhesive has fully and completely set).
We do advise that you wash brand new items of school uniform before you apply your Stikins ® name labels; this is because these items are often treated with chemicals to preserve them during storage and despatch and they may also have traces of excess dye in them, which can prevent your name labels from adhering directly onto the wash-care label correctly.
TRONS ® NAME TRANSFERS – superb iron-on labels that create a completely permanent name label on any fabric item
Our Trons ® name transfers do take a little longer (and require a little more care) to apply properly BUT they will create a completely permanent name label (that won’t start to peel up or fall off like traditional iron-on name labels often do).
Our name transfers differ from traditional iron-on name labels because they work in the same way as transfers used to add designs onto T-shirts; where traditional iron-on name labels are made up of several layers and sit on TOP of the item you want to label, our name transfers are made of one ultra-thin layer that fuses and bonds with the fabric of your items to become a permanent part of those items.
Trons ® have a simple six-step process for application:
- Make sure your item is clean and dry, and turn it inside out. Set your iron to its maximum heat setting and make sure you have a suitable hard, flat surface to work on (do not use an ironing board).
- Cut or tear one of the silicon sheets provided into pieces; each piece should be bigger than the labels and should only be used once.
- Line your item up to the edge of the surface you are working on and place a label face up on top of your item, making sure that the label is sitting at the very edge of the surface.
- Put a piece of your silicon paper on top of the label, ensuring that the silicon is placed with the shiny side facing downwards.
- Iron the silicon paper with the tip of your iron; press down firmly and move the iron from side to side. Iron for 25 seconds and do NOT use steam.
- Remove the silicon paper while it is still hot. Allow your transfer to cool and check if it has bonded successfully with the material of your item. If not, repeat step 5.
Please note: while older children may be allowed to apply their own Stikins ® without supervision, we do NOT advise allowing your children to apply their own Trons ®; Trons ® should only be applied by an adult and should be applied with both care and patience!
Remember, if you have any concerns about applying your labels, don’t panic! Each pack of name labels and name transfers that we despatch comes packed with an easy to follow set of Instructions For Use to help guide you through the process.
Contact Stikins for Name Labels
You can download a copy of our Stikins ® Instructions For Use and/or our Trons ® Instructions For Use from our craftily named “Instructions For Use” page on our website; if you have any questions about how to apply your name labels or any other questions about our name label products, please contact our Customer Service Team who will be happy to help answer your queries.