With a new commission year now underway, you might be wondering if there’s anything you can do to make sure that the commission cheque you receive next year is even better than the one you got this year.
Our commission scheme is designed to be as simple as possible, so schools and groups don’t have to spend a lot of time and money on this one particular fundraising project. In fact, our scheme is a year-round fundraising opportunity that will run along in the background quite happily, with minimal input from our affiliate partners.
However, as the old saying goes, you get back what you put in, and there are a few things you can do to give your fundraising efforts a bit of a boost. This year, we put together a review of our commission scheme and the funds it has raised for our existing partner schools and groups; from this research we created a “Fundraising Guide” (to help schools and groups understand how our scheme works) along with a “Commission Booster Plan” (full of our top tips to get the very best results).
So here are 7 Small Things That Make A Huge Difference:
- Put someone in charge! Having an individual who will take some time to be proactive and promote the scheme – even if it’s just for a couple of months – can make a big difference to the response from parents.
- Request a Label Planet Poster! We provide these posters free of charge; they’re the perfect size for adding to notice boards around school or your group’s headquarters to act as a reminder to parents about the scheme and how it works.
- Add a link to your website! A link makes it even easier for parents to order name labels AND generate commission. You can include information about how it all works, explain the benefits of using name labels (for example, tackling that mountain of lost property building up in the office), and the link can also automatically fill in your code so you get commission even if a parent forgets to add the code themselves.
- Request leaflets to send home to parents! Leaflets are a quick and easy way to let parents know about the fundraising scheme and the all-important code they need to use when they order. We also recommend sending a short letter out with the leaflets to explain the benefits of name labels and to further encourage parents to make a purchase; we have included a few sample letters on our website to help get you started.
- Rally support and feedback! Getting staff or members involved is an easy way to boost the success of your fundraising; simply making sure that everyone is aware of the scheme and how it works is a good start. You can distribute copies of our Fundraising Guide or even take advantage of our PTA PowerPoint Presentation (free to download from our website) to explain how it all works.
- Request free samples! We will provide five printed samples of our Stikins ® name labels for every pupil in your school (or new intake if you have taken up this offer before) so that parents can see for themselves what our products are like and how they work.
- Get organised! Make a list of the things you want to do to help boost your fundraising efforts, including who needs to do what and by when, to make sure that you don’t forget or simply run out of time to get things done.
While the majority of parents will be interested in name labels at the end of summer/start of the new school year, we find that periodic reminders will help keep your commission total bubbling along, particularly if you send out reminders around the start and/or end of term time (including half term) when parents might be considering buying name labels for new uniform or equipment that their children will need for the new term (or, indeed, replacing those items that have managed to go astray in the meantime).